I hope this mail will be a good dose of medicine for our group.

SAJIN

________________________________
From: Gayathri <gayathri_c...@yahoo.com>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, August 24, 2010 10:35:25 AM
Subject: [arr] Re: Gotta think thrice before posting nowadays...

Quote:- "I'm just writing this because recently (since 2007, when I joined),
with every new releases someone will post a negative review and the rest start
bashing that person. Let's have some healthy interactions here..."

I agree that we need healthy interactions in this forum but it has to work both
ways here, I believe.

Not only you, but quite a few members have been complaining that their negative
comments and criticisms were shot down by members.

But then again, what about members who praise ARR's music? We are named as
fools, ingenuine fans, hesitant, afraid to point out our true feelings, etc. If
you're saying that negative comments should not be shot down, then calling
members who enjoy ARR's music as fools and faking their opinions should not be
allowed as well, am I right?

I've said this before and I would say it again, Endhiran as an album, is not my
cup of tea. Given a choice, I would prefer to listen to Raavanan and Jodha
Akhbar than Enthiran. The reason- I don't like trance or techno music. On the
other hand, my friends like techno music and they found Enthiran to be awesome.
Now, if I were to call Enthiran as soul-less and horrible, wouldn't I be
insulting my friends' taste of music? I would and that's not right! But that's
exactly what happens here.

One of our members here mentioned that he felt like laughing while reading the
posts on how others seems to enjoy Enthiran. I thought that was insulting. Just
because we don't like an album, we shouldn't be expecting others to dismiss the
same as well. And what we regard as wonderful, amazing or true gems of ARR's
need not be true for others.

A small example- A lot of people here like Thee Thee from Thiruda Thiruda (and
don't mean only Kishore) but it's not my favourite song in the album. I thought
Caroline's pronunciation was really bad and the music seems to overshadow the
strength of her voice, making it even more inaudible. But I don't consider it a
bad song. It's just not to my liking. And knowing that many liked the song, the
least I could do is respect the interest of others and voice out my comments in
a respectful way. I mean, how would you react if I were to pass the following
comments on the song and it's fans? :-

"if you think this song is good, you haven't heard to ARR's true gems" or
"I'm can't help laughing when I hear that you guys actually like this song" or
"This song is soul-less, wonder how you guys can praise it otherwise?"

Wouldn't you feel bad? Wouldn't you get angry? Wouldn't you retaliate? Or are
you going to call me as whole hearted, eloquent or dynamic for the simple
reason
that I was "brave" enough to pass such comments on the song? It's sound
preposterous even to myself.

My point is, there should always be room for criticisms in this forum
nevertheless, the right usage of words and expressions should also be given due
importance in order not to hurt or disregard other members' feelings. A fan
group such as this is not a place to shower pointless praises on ARR, I agree,
but it's also not a place to make hateful remarks. Respect is a dying virtue
today. Why not try to uphold them at least in this forum?