On 9/5/2010 11:16 PM India Time, _Anil Wadghule_ wrote:

> Think of this scenario.
>
> There is an artist who draws a fine art drawing after giving 4 to 5
> days.(  ... and some people don't like it.
>
> If you don't like his drawing. Will you ask him to redraw it?
>
> Will he be ready to re-draw it or improve it?
>
> I think definitely no. It's his art and he likes it. He doesn't care.

Anil ji,

I was just trying to see the trend in members opinions on this issue,
that's why I have not even added my own opinion in this thread though
I have expressed elsewhere in this group my views.

But, adding here just to analyze your metaphor of an artist drawing a
portrait.

Artist makes a portrait on his free will, not under a commercial
contract. Artist has not taken any money and had not given a brief of
the situation for which his painting has to be there. He got some idea
and created a painting. Thus, artist is not under any obligation to
review his work on the basis of feedback.

However, if it is a commissioned artist, say, you hire a painter to do
draw your mom's or dad's portrait, or yourself's, and what he draws
you don't like, you don't think that his portrait is expressing the
qualities you would like to see on the pic face of your mom or dad, or
on your own pic face. Of course, it is because you never briefed him
properly beforehand what feel or expression you wanted in the
portrait. But, whatever the history, if you don't like the portrait,
you would rather expect the artist to touch it up, OR, you would tear
off that painting, or dump that somewhere even after paying the artist
full money, and you would commission some other artist and on and on,
unless you get what you want.

Customer is the king.

for CWG theme song and other film songs, ARR signs a commercial
contract, he is given a brief of each situation, and then he has to
deliver a song for that, and gets some money.

sorry for repeating it 3rd time, but ARR has retouched his work
previously as per directors' requirements. Ranjha Ranjha has a film
version that was not in the CDs, chiggy wiggy has got some indian
voice version when some copyright issue had come up from Kylie's
contract, I guess. Palanhare of lagaan has a film version had
different voice than the CD version. Gopala of humse has muqabla has a
different lyrics in film version (hindi) than in the cassettes.

Many more, several previous examples are there when ARR has recognized
that client (director, music company holding rights) can ask him to
touch up his songs, and he did that. After all a film is a director's
vision.

And such accommodating nature had been a plus point of ARR's repute.
And goes well with his politeness.

Then? Why not now?

> I don't think AR will re-improve or redo it.

The other aspect is, Jai Ho's pussycat version might have gone more
popular in foreign countries just because it was in a language they
could understand. So, what if some other MD releases a remix version
of CWG theme that gets more popular than ARR's original, say Himesh or
Anu Malik or Pritam releases a remix CWG? Then, wouldn't it be a
further war among skills of both the MDs? ARR's skills are undisputed,
so it will be bad seeing some other MD of lesser skills getting
prominence over him.

> --
> Anil

Thanks.