**
Michael,

Just FYI, I think Remedy is still working on the VM for ITSM 7.  I know it hasn't been released yet, anyway.  It's possible that they're running into the same issues you reported.  I have it working fine in a Windows 2003 environment, except that Admin crashes when I try to run RDP or Sync Search.  Support couldn't duplicate the problem, but it happened both with the unpatched ARS 7.0 and the patch 1 version.

Rick
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Gould
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:44 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ITSM 7.0 Overview Console - Plug-in Error

**
Hi Mary,

I've tried the ITSM 7 (all apps) installed on ARS 7 Patch 1 with the following configurations and received the same error on each:

Configurations 1
OS: Windows XP Pro w/ SP2
Database: Oracle 10g Enterprise Edition

Configuration 2
OS: Windows XP Pro w/ SP2
Database: Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition

Configuration 3 (running on VMWare Server)
OS: Windows Server 2003 R2
Database: Oracle 10g Enterprise Edition

Configuration 4 (running on VMWare Server)
OS: Windows Server 2003 R2
Database: SQL Server 2000 w/ SP4 Standard Edition

I know Windows XP isn't technically an approved OS (even though everything installed fine) but unfortunately I don't have a *server* available yet to test this on.  Thought I'd give Windows Server 2003 running on the free VMWare Server a try, but haven't had any better results and the database platform has made no difference.

On a side note, I was told by Tech Support that VMWare isn't technically approved either but know for a fact that the Remedy Solution Consultants are/were using VMWare environments to demo the software.

Has anyone gotten ITSM 7 installed and working on a VM yet?  Hopefully the patch Engineering is working on will fix the problem.

Regards,
Michael Gould
Senior Software Engineer
U.S. House of Representatives