If you delete your administrator login name, and have no other
administrator login to use, you can run arreload - no user to validate to.
I've never trashed my Groups form, but suspect that it would behave the
same way (Administrator group no longer valid, therefore no members).

arcache can be used to create an administrator group as well as to create
an administrator login name if necessary in the cached copy of Group and/or
User.  As of ARS 6.x, it's documented in Configuring AR System in AR System
server components and external utilities (External Utilities section).

Stephen - if Groups was corrupted, wouldn't arsignal simply reproduce the
corruption?  In other words, what does the "-g" option for arsignal
actually read?  I've always thought it was similar to arreload for Groups.

Mike White
Office:  813-978-2192
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      "Heider, Stephen"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

                      >                        cc:

                      Sent by: "Action         Subject:  Re: Deleted Groups

                      Request System

                      discussion

                      list(ARSList)"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      07/27/2006 09:09

                      Please respond to

                      arslist

**

Kathy,

This won't help you now, but it may for the future.  Create an escalation
that runs nightly which uses runmacro to export the data from User and
Groups.  Then if anything like this happens again you could empty the
Groups form, import all the groups, followed by running the arsignal
command.

HTH.

Stephen