**

Confirmed in version 5.1.2.  Thanks for the tip.  Very handy.  You can hold down the shift key, then click the field you want to view the properties of, and not worry about accidentally "bumping" the field out of alignment.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Scott Ames
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 10:14 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: TIP for Remedy developers: Keeping fields 'locked' on your form..

**

I'm not near Remedy at the moment. Are you saying the fields stay locked?

Joe D'Souza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

**

My colleague who is pretty new to ARS development stumbled on something that may well be a very useful 'feature' that some of you might find interesting on here..

I'm not sure if it would work the same on earlier than ARS version 6.3 but those using earlier versions could verify if it does.. I'm pretty sure this feature is not documented anywhere on the guides or at least if it is I have missed it completely...

We all wished that we wouldn't move fields accidentally disrupting a nicely designed form when we are working on the Admin tool right? This could in a small way minimize the chances that it would happen.

Click on the field you want to work on.. Then press the shift key and hold it down. While holding the shift key down, click on the field again and try attempting to move it. It doesn't! Like as if it were locked on to the form.. I thought it was pretty cool.. It happens to even a whole set of fields selected if you do the same thing...

Hope some of you find this useful at some point..

Cheers

Joe D'Souza,

Remedy Developer / Consultant,

Shyle Networks,