-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Rom
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 4:21 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Midtier 7 authentication error

James,

since this is a sandbox, everything is installed on the same machine. I can
ping the AR Server fine from my laptop by just using the server name.

Windows 2003 Server SP1
Oracle 10g
AR System  7.0 & ITSM 7.0
Java SDK 1_4_2_11
Tomcat 5.0.28
Mid-Tier 7.0

AR Server Settings:
I tried with both 'Authentication Server' blank as well as my AR Server
selected. Not sure if it is required.

Web Service Settings:
This is blank since we are not using web services

On the login page, I usually leave the 'Authentication Server' blank but I
also tried to enter my AR Server name as well as the LDAP server domain
name. Nothing worked.

I submitted a ticket to Remedy Support since I need to get this working
ASAP. My demo licenses are only good til the end of August.

I will let you all know the solution, if any.

Thanks for your help

Chris