**

Sara,

For # 2 I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish but if you want a field to increment 1..2..3..4…5  you can can use an integer field set by workflow.    For # 1 you need to come up with workflow that says if transaction of database value  = $Field$  error out.

Jim

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of sara abate
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:46 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: help, help, help

** I am a new remedy developer and I need help on two of the following things,

  1.  I want a field to have unique value.  How can I restrict the
field from having duplicate values?  In other words, Is there any way I can block if the current value entered is already in the database?

  2.  I want to create an auto generated field.  Anytime a ticket is
submitted, the field should be populated automaticlly in increments.  In
other word, I want a 'Request ID' kind of field on the form.

  Anybody can help me with this please email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I will appreciate it.
  Thanks!

  Sara

Do you Yahoo!?