From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Axton Grams
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 12:19 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Setup Dev Server

What problem is there with using the same instance with different schemas?  We have one server with 4 arsystem schemas in a single instance, not to mention that are dozens of other schemas in the instance not being used for Remedy.

Using the same tablespace will be a problem if you try and do a fresh install because the arserver installer is flawed in the sense that it drops whatever tablespace you install arserver to and recreates it.

Creating another instance has a lot of overhead associated with it (two sets of processes, two sga's, etc.)

If the db server has enough hardware to fulfill the software's requests you should not have a problem sharing an instance.

Axton Grams