From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:44 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: I Am Outraged! - BMC/Remedy is Outsourcing Support!!

Hello community,

I have it on good authority from one of my contacts at BMC that they will be

starting to outsource their support to Pune, India and Dublin, Ireland very
shortly.

Am I the only one who is outraged by this?

Our company already pays an unconscionable amount of money for Remedy
Support. If they start to outsource I can guarantee you that our company
will stop paying for support altogether next year because they will be
diminishing the value of this support drastically but our maintenance fees
will not be discounted.

So THEY will be saving a ton of money by giving us compromised support but
they will not be compensating us in any way (and we just renewed our
maintenance contract before I was told of this!).

In my experience, the second most valuable thing besides the actual AR
System platform from Remedy is their support teams and infrastructure. If
BMC is going to start carving the support infrastructure up and outsourcing
it, then thay are going to lose the second most valuable pool of Remedy
professionals next to the engineers themselves.

What is BMC thinking? The executives are obviously boneheads who have NO
IDEA of the value of the Remedy AR System product line and the Remedy
support infrastructure.

I have emailed Bob Beauchamp but have not had a response from him regarding
this direction.

If we can no longer rely on the past stellar support for this product, which

is critical to us in our rapid development environment, we are going to
seriously consider moving to another development platform entirely where
they have on-site American/English speaking professionals - not underpayed
call centre (KB screen-reader) reps who have no understanding and no context

of the platform, and no relationships & restricted escalation paths with the

Remedy software engineering community.

As a longtime customer, I am personally outraged by this move and I am
insulted that BMC has not contacted us nor have they solicited feedback on
this initiative.

What does everyone else think? (Please, EVERYONE chime in on this)

What can we do to get BMC to keep their existing support infrastructure and
stop them from farming out their support to people who can not even speak
clear American English?

JP