Title: RE: Dynamic Updates to Help Text
**
You know, it would be great if there were Remedy forms in which the Help text resided, so that a subadmin could use the UT to update it.  Hmmm...sounds like a nice spare time project...

Rick
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of McKenzie, James J C-E LCMC HQISEC/L3
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 2:07 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Dynamic Updates to Help Text

**

Stephen:

Sub-admins?

James McKenzie

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Heider, Stephen
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:31 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Dynamic Updates to Help Text

List,

I think I already know the answer to this, but just in case...

The text in the Help Text tab in the Field Properties of a field is displayed when a user clicks the Arrow+Question Mark button in the WUT toolbar and then clicks on top of a field.  Is there any other way of changing this text outside of the Remedy Administrator Tool?

I know I could write something that would directly update the SQL table that holds the help text for the fields on the various forms, and then create a screen whereby authorized users could change the help text as needed.  I want to give certain users the ability to change this instead of me having to update the text whenever they need to change a word or add a comma, etc.

Any other approaches?  Thanks.

ARS 6.3, 7.0

Stephen