From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Scott Neeb
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 2:39 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Advantages/Disadvantages between platforms running Remedy

We have an initiative at my work entitled "Why Not Microsoft?".  We're supposed to ask ourselves at critical application milestones if we should contemplate moving Remedy to the Windows platform.  We currently reside on UNIX with an Oracle database, so Remedy is always being evaluated as a candidate for the move.  They asked me today if there are any advantages/disadvantages between running Remedy on UNIX/Oracle as compared to Windows/SQL Server.  I haven't seen any documentation or user comments anywhere on the internet, so I was wondering if any of you have any prior experience with this type of move, and if you've seen any advantages or disadvantages to this type of move as it relates to the ARSystem.  Thanks in advance.