-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 2:04 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy and TNSNAMES.ora

I think maybe I should have been a bit more clear.  I'm not administering
anything, simply trying to connect to the oracle database that is feeding
Remedy (TOAD, SQLPlus, any tool realy, I just would like to connect to it
though a program other than ARS or Crystal Reports).

My real question was, can I figure this out by looking at settings I have,
or do I need to go to the DBA, since my boss doens't even know who the DBA
is (ownership of our Remedy system was recently transfered), I was hoping
that I could get this information without having to go that route.  It looks
like I do.

Thanks for the information.