I'll use the old IBM marketing term of "FUD" - "Fear Uncertainty and
Doubt".

There are so many reason "why it could be" as pointed out by the other
list members, but only the person you are talking about "knows".

ASK HIM for his reasons.

We develop a bunch of "in house" applications on AR System, and as well
highly customize the ITSM (Remedy/BMC) Suites.

One thread a while ago was ARS As a Development System, which is good
reading for reference.

That is why, for the past year, I have been educating [insert soap box
here] management about the difference between:

** AR System Platform - The System & Server & Services
** Remedy/BMC ITSM Suite - The Application

This is because in the past everything was lumped as "Remedy" and there
was no difference made between the "System" versus the "Application".

Bad Application ==> Bad System.

A bad application can be written on ANY system!! (AR System, Lotus
Notes, ASP, Java...)

Thanks-n-advance;
HDT Platform Incident / Problem Manager & Architect
Robert Molenda
IT OS PA
Tel: +1 408 501 6310
Fax: +1 408 501 2410