-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 4:46 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ITSM 7.0.01 and CMDB 2.0.01 Released

Looks like they should have done some more testing on the CMDB 2.0.1
installer - it has "issues."

When I run the installer on an existing ARS 7.0.01 /CMDB 2.0 /ITSM 7.0
IM/PM/CM all patch 002 RKM 7.0 integrated server (Win2K3 Ent x64 with SQL
Server 2005 on separate machine) while logged in locally instead of to the
domain (the CMDB installers have never worked when logged in to the AD
Domain instead of locally) I observed the following:

The CMDB 2.0.1 installer hangs while trying to stop the Remedy service which
is running under a domain account that has local permissions, NOT a local
account. The CMDB 2.0 installer was able to do this during the original
install, although it complained about the delay.

If I open two remote sessions, and manually stop/start the Remedy service
from one when the installer announces that it is trying to stop the service
in the other session, the installer continues and copies files, but dies
horribly leaving a blank console screen behind. The error message was,
verbatim:

"The was a problem during upgrade to BMC Atrium CMDB 2.0.1 patch 000 stage 1
using wf-RIK.xml"

The installer log shows:

15:15:17: Rik action: loadapp application definition file: D:\Program Files
(x86)\AR System Applications\REMEDY6\BMC Atrium
CMDB\workflow\upgrade\201patch000\wf-RIK.xml
15:18:10:     LOAD WORKFLOW: dataimport error             Return: 1055
15:18:10: <<<--- RIKLoadApp
15:19:26: The was a problem during upgrade to BMC Atrium CMDB 2.0.1 patch
000 stage 1 using wf-RIK.xml

The arerror log shows this but it is earlier:

Thu Nov 09 15:11:04 2006  CMDB Dispatcher : Missing data in the SQL database
( (H8))  ARERR - 556

Your mileage may vary, but be forewarned...

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center