To run CMDB 2 with ITSM 6 will still require going to ARS 7.X when the
official supported versions and instructions are released.

Roger.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: Best Practice for ARS 7.0.1 - Install New or Upgrade?

**
However, the 1.x CMDB is available for ITSM 6 (which pretty closely resembles
5.x), and there should soon be a white paper (BMC keeps promising it, anyway)
that will tell us how to map ITSM 6 to CMDB 2.0.1.  So one does not have to
upgrade to ITSM 7 to use the CMDB.

Roger is correct that at least a cursory analysis should be done just to make
sure.  I will say that many mid-sized to small orgs are making the choice to
upgrade to ARS 7, but keep ITSM at 5.x or 6, at least for now.

Rick