  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carter, Craig J Civ ARPC/DPD
Sent: Tuesday, 12 December, 2006 22:09
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Q: Best Practice for ARS 7.0.1 - Install New or Upgrade?

We need to move our production system to new servers.  We're currently
running ARS 6.3 P16, SQL Server 2000.  Our choices are either to install
7.0.1 new and migrate all of our apps and data or copy the database over and
upgrade to version 7.

Personally, I'd prefer to install fresh and migrate to get rid of old forms,
workflow, and apps.

Those of you with experience have any recommendations?  Currently, the plan
is to install everything fresh (SQL Server 2005, ARS 7.0.1) and migrate CSS
and customer apps and data.  We have a 5.6 version of ITSM installed that we
have not used so we would like to get rid of that and either go with a newer
version of ITSM or not install it at all.  We also need to install DSO along
with a backup database server.

//SIGNED//

Craig Carter

it___