Misi,

How does RRR|Chive handle moving from 7.6.04 SP5 to 8.1 SP2 and Attributes?

Lisa

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 4:02 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Delta Data Migration Tool vs RRRChive

Hi,

The API version is not really an issue. There are no new data types in 8.1.2,
so there is no issue.

These are some differences:
1. RRR|Chive does not need a starting date, it will compare the modify date on
all records very efficiently, and move the delta only 2. RRR|Chive only uses
the Request ID as key 3. RRR|Chive can delete records that has been deleted in
the source 4. RRR|Chive can overwrite records that has been updated manually in
the target server, and for example revert changes made during a test session

Ask the Remedy Licensing Experts (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12/13):

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to configure the DDMT - and having trouble with the
> syntax for the config files. We were able to see differences, but not
> migrate successfully.
>
> We just want to migrate People data from one server to the next. We
> checked the RRRChive web page which shows this  works for API 7.6.4.
> We are on 8.1.2.
>
> Which tool works better and is straightforward?

Are, and have been for 20 years"