Hi,

You should be able to import def files with no major issues. I have tested def
import on 9 beta to some extent only. If you have issues, they can typically
be fixed.

You will need to do some manual stuff if you have changed any of the out of
the box forms such as the User form. You should not just import the old forms
on top of the new ones. Instead you should implement your changes anew,
preferably using the Overlay functionality.

The old client should also work fine. I have tested to access 9 beta with
7.6.04 User tool.

Version 9 is quite new, and a complete Java rebuild of the system, and is
bound to have some issues. Or so I presume. If you want a stable system now, I
would go for 8.1.02 with the latest patch. I have not installed it myself, but
that would be my strategy.

Ask the Remedy Licensing Experts (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12/13):