From: Rebecca Hammond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 10:21:53 AM
Subject: Installing two versions of the WUT on one machine?

Hi all,

Because we're going to be running two instances (6.3 and 7) of Remedy in
parallel for a while, we want to deploy the two versions and have them
operate independently.

I know that there are many considerations we need to be aware of, but I
want to be sure we cover all of them.  BMC's telling me that installing two
versions of the client tools on one machine isn't supported, but I'm fairly
confident it can be done.

First of all, I believe that although you specify the installer to run to a
separate and distinct directory, the Registry keys will still only
reference one key - is there any way around that?

I want to be sure that for one user name, the Home directory is read
separately - is this possible?

Any advice, suggestions, instructions, etc. are most welcome!

Thanks,
Rebecca