Had the same issue a little while ago which is slightly similar to yours...

  I get sent a text file with all users from LDAP on a regular basis and with
the imported data I create user accounts on our customised application ..

  These are the items which I have built for this purpose:

  1. A from to hold the imported data. This form is only used to clean up,
validated and perform additional preprocessing stuff on teh data.

  2. Filters which will take care of the preprocessing and push the data the
relevant form(s).

  3. A one liner batch script which calls the arimport.exe (Remedy CLI utility
for importing data) which references the mapping, where the data is, what form
to import too and what log file to write too.

  4. An escalation which runs at a regular time which, first, truncate the
table (to avoid fillinig up the log segment) and calls the batch script to
import the data to the main form (from 1).

  If you need to see the script and the rest of the items, please email me on
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  thanks

Shafqat Ayaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
  **   Hi
  you could also automate using the ARImport from the command line, you will
need to create a mapping and make sure that the file has always the same name,
if the  file comes in with different name you could use a batch command to
rename the file and then import it. If you need further details on how to do
this, contact me offline and I will send you complete details. I have done a
few of these.

  shafqat

Axton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  ** Here are a few approaches you could take:
- Use EIE to load the data (costs $$$)
- Create a table on your db, and write a stored procedure to load the file.
Point a view form at it and use an escalation.
- Write an ARDBC plugin and point a vendor form at the file, then use an
escalation to process it.
- use arimport to import the data (command line)
- Write a perl script to load the data using ARSPerl, schedule it to run.

I haven't gone down the path of automating the load of data into ITSM7 yet, so
I can't speak to any nuances you may encounter at that level of the load as
compared to previous versions.

Axton Grams

  On 12/26/06, Jake Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   Hello Listers,

This may seem pretty straightforward, but I've never done it before. Our
systems people are dropping a CSV file (could be a plain text file) onto
our Remedy server. What we need to do is read this file automatically (on a
scheduled basis) into the People form of our ITSM 7 suite.

What would be the easiest way to go about doing this? Would a vendor form +
and escalation suffice? Or would we need to write some sort of script to
import the data into Remedy?

Any and all advice and comments are welcome.  Thanks in advance, and Happy
Holidays!

-Jake Taylor
NewYork-Presbyterian
New York, NY

          Shafqat Ayaz

  "You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it.  But if you mean
it, you should say it a lot. People forget."

http://mail.yahoo.com __20060125_______________________This posting was
submitted with HTML in it___