I believe in 7.6.4 there is a whitepaper on the Notification Engine that
describes adding another field. As Misi noted the critical step is updating
the filters that process the field tags in a template and substitute the
field values from the 'SYS:Notification Messages' form.

So the broad steps are:

   1. Find (or add with workflow that sets it) the field you want to add to
   your template(s) on SYS:Notification Messages.
   2. Determine a tag to use for this field (one that doesn't match any
   others currently used for other fields). Note that there may already be a
   tag for this field that is used in other applications. It's worth checking
   template menus for other apps to see if it is already in use for
   consistency's sake.
   3. (Optional) Update the template form menus to add your new tag (I
   recommend this so you are sure the tag is typed in correctly, and again for
   consistency).
   4. Update the filters that run the substitutions for the templates that
   you will be using the tag on. If it's just one field you can probably just
   add another Set Fields action on one of the current filters. If its a few
   you may want to add a new filter on the current list.

Kelly Logan
Senior Consultant
Rapid Technologies, Inc. <http://www.raptek.com>
Office: 313-651-7169