We had a SSL issue with VA 7.0 or 7.1 (before BMC bought it). I am not sure
how much if any of the code is the same these days?

The Java code within VA was very picky about certificates and having a
completely valid certificate chain. Our configuration is Apache web server
(httpd) which is a proxy to Tomcat using AJP.

As a refresher I just looked at the document I created for my team on the
issue:

Issue:
CNS events updates are not being received and chat DVF fields are not
updating with new entries when CNS web server is using Extended Validation
certificates for SSL

Cause:
Apache web server did not have the Intermediate CA Certificate chain
configured.  Java (used by CNS) could not validate the certificate chain
therefore failing to make the connection.

Resolution Summary:
Download Intermediate CA Certificates from VeriSign and configure Apache
utilize the certificate file.