Personally I would look at it a bit differently. Since you need to do some
DB view work in order to add custom fields anyways, I would consider doing
the age calculation as a new column in the DB view and then expose that as
a field in the Overview Console.

Since the Overview Console tends to be one of the heavier quires in the
system, performing a calculation in one of the views supporting the UNION
view is going to impact that some, however let the DB do what it is good at
and will require minimum effort from the Remedy side.

Jason