I am off to bed so I'll be a little sparse on the detail in this reply...
The DB view  U__HPD_Help_Desk is an out of the box view, I only added a
column to it. That view and one for each of the other forms Change,
Problem, Work Order, Task, etc. also have similar out of the box DB views.
When all is said and done the views need the same number of columns so they
all need to be updated even if its only value is a hard coded space (  ' '
 ). If you look at the screenshot in my previous reply there are a number
of columns that will only ever return ' ' but on one of the other forms
that column will have a value so every other form (DB view) needs a
placeholder.

Once you have added your calculation column (using *getdate()* instead of
Last Modified in my original example) to the HPD view and the dummy columns
to every other view used in the Overview UNION view, then  you simply add
the new column to the view form referencing the DB UNION view. There is no
need to change the DB UNION view since it does a *SELECT ** .  From what I
have seen it can be tricky to get your View Form to see that there is a new
column. Restarting AR Server should take care of that. I am trying to
remember how I did this in production without restarting AR Server....
Don't remember if it was Dev Studio cache and restarting Dev Studio took
care of it or maybe I added a new field to the view form which made it
re-read the UNION view columns?.?.?. There is a way, you just need to make
the system see there is a new column. Maybe I simply did an ALTER VIEW on
the UNION DB view and the system noticed?

(that wasn't as sparse as I thought it would be)

Good night Y'all
Jason