Ok...according to user log....which user log from which server, during
which time frame?  As I understand it the License audit runs during an
interval and takes that as a sampling....I know that it uses information
from the machine the audit is run against....but I don't know what details
they are using unfortunately.

What sort of numbers are we talking about?....Fixed, Floating...how off are
your numbers from theirs?....what tools are you utilizing to show how many
users you are using?