Hi,

Well, the user log and license tracking functionality has worked more or less
ok in different versions.

I do not know how you are combining the user logs from your server group, but
if it has a round robin load balancer the user logs are usually hard to
combine. The numbers you see, "98 of 987 in use" reflects a single server only.
The next can read "all in use" if the combined value of all server reaches 987.

The license tracking works better and better on more recent version, but I
think that in 8.x it does not track Read (Floating) licenses. This is not a
problem if you have enough licenses though.

We have a program called RRR|LicenseMonitor that we have used in some cases
with server groups that connects to all servers and polls the active user list.
This is not something you can download without contacting us.

We do not have any eval license, for RRR|License, but the the monitoring is
free, which means that you can evaluate your situation and get the usage
diagrams without buying RRR|License.

Finally you can decide if you want to buy more licenses from BMC or buy
RRR|License at a fraction of the cost and optimize your licenses instead.

I suggest you turn on License Tracking in Admin Console -> System -> General ->
Server Information -> Configuration and then use the data from the AR System
Historical License Usage form with the free version of RRR|License to analyze
your usage. If this does not give correct results you can use
RRR|LicenseMonitor, which I can supply to you, to poll the uses of all 3
servers into a single log.

Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se (http://www.rrr.se) (ARSList MVP
2011)

Ask the Remedy Licensing Experts (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12/13)
* RRR|Log - Performance issues or elusive bugs? Analyze your Remedy logs
Find these products, and many free tools and utilities, at http://rrr.se
(http://rrr.se)