From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 9:16 AM
Subject: Field ID vs. Field Name

I'm not sure if this is a rookie question or not.  I don't recall
encountering this before, but it seems familiar.  Unfortunately, no one
I've worked with nor the support folks at BMC can help me with this.

I'm working on an ARS 7.0.0 patch 2 system with Mid-tier 7.0 patch 2 as
well.  Both servers are running on Sun Solaris 9 boxes and the db is
Oracle 9i.  When I, or any user of the system, gets any error message on
submit, the error message contains field ids rather than field names.  The
same error messages on modify use field names.  See below:

ON SUBMIT:  ARERR [306] Value does not fall within the limits specified
for the field :  (pattern - $MENU$) : 600000001

ON MODIFY:  ARERR [306] Value does not fall within the limits specified
for the field :  (pattern - $MENU$) :  Product Type

Field ID 600000001 is the Product Type field.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Drew