-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Drew Hunt
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 8:16 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Field ID vs. Field Name

I'm not sure if this is a rookie question or not.  I don't recall
encountering this before, but it seems familiar.  Unfortunately, no one
I've worked with nor the support folks at BMC can help me with this.

I'm working on an ARS 7.0.0 patch 2 system with Mid-tier 7.0 patch 2 as
well.  Both servers are running on Sun Solaris 9 boxes and the db is
Oracle 9i.  When I, or any user of the system, gets any error message on

submit, the error message contains field ids rather than field names.
The
same error messages on modify use field names.  See below:

ON SUBMIT:  ARERR [306] Value does not fall within the limits specified
for the field :  (pattern - $MENU$) : 600000001

ON MODIFY:  ARERR [306] Value does not fall within the limits specified
for the field :  (pattern - $MENU$) :  Product Type

Field ID 600000001 is the Product Type field.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Drew

the Answers Are"
intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.