Dmitry,

No problem. ( You said you are new so here is a bit of my ARS design
thoughts. Sorry it is so long. :) )

In general Escalations are a lot like a Push action with the "Modify
all matching" condition. Which can be done from an Active Link or a
Filter. Except that the Escalation is "triggered" by time passing and
Active Links and Filters are triggered by a single "user action" or
"data transaction".

The the point is that:

Escalations and Active Links can trigger a Filter.
However Escalations and Filters can NOT trigger an Active Link.
Nor can a Filter or an Active Link trigger an Escalation.

So if your design is to implement it once and trigger from various
triggers then you put the workflow in Filters and you can then call it
from Active Links, Filters, or Escalations.

:)

I know it might seem complicated at first, but it really is very
simple at the end of the day.

If you know any programming language, then ARS is likely "strange".
Well until you learn these objects and how they interact.

If you do not know any programming language, then ARS is likely "very
different" but also approachable for very simple application tasks. (
The more programming experience you have the more design patterns you
can identify in ARS. The more design patterns you actually use then
the more compact and scalable your ARS applications will be. However
that is more a speed/return on investment measurement. You can be very
functional in ARS with very little programming experience too. However
you will likely spend a lot of time repeating what you did somewhere
else in the application, over and over again.)

Good luck.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)