Roger:

You are correct that the CMDB, by itself, does not install AST: forms. However, Service Desk 7.0 (Incident and Problem) installs the AST forms as part of it's install. Asset management includes a whole bunch of other functionality related to assets (lifecycle management, etc.), however, like previous versions of Helpdesk, the Service Desk install DOES install asset forms.

Terry

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:25:22 -0500
 Roger Justice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It appears that you have Asset Management since CMDB stand alone does not inclued the AST: forms. If the system does not have the AST: forms the out of the box workflow is not included. The workflow could be re-created with CMDB forms however a table field to view the relationship is not available to be added.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: CMDB 2.0 and Incident Management

Aha... So you have determined this as well? Well, the only way that I have determined how to do this is via reading all (and I mean ALL) documentation on Service desk and CMDB (many PDF manuals) and through filter/active link logs. The Incident management portion of Service Desk uses a subset of classes (AST:blah blah) that are stored in the CMDB. These forms can be found via your Admin tool. Relationships between people (CTM:People) and Assets (AST:blah blah) are created through the form AST:AssetPeople (the Person Role attribute needs to be set to "Used By"). You submit an entry into this form that relates the Asset to the Person, including attributes such as AssetInstanceId in the CMDB. I've been able to get assets to import into the CMDB classes (some sub-classed as well) using the import tool via CSV files along with some custom code to build the relationships between assets and people. Along with this, I build product catalog entries (and Model Versions) on the fly through workflow vs. having to manually create them via the Product Catalog setup screen, which can be time consuming depending upon the number of assets and their types that you are importing). B.T.W, I'm on Service Desk 7.0.2 patch 003 and CMDB 2.0.1 Patch 002. Terry