This is part of the upgrade installer.  It is used to upgrade the db from
previous releases.  If you are simply patching your install, there is no
need to include this file in your install base.  There were some issues with
the previous arupora in relation to direct sql workflow that was
(supposedly) corrected in this release.  I didn't see the defect id in the
release notes, but hey, who knows.  I think I have 5 or so defect ids that
were stated to be corrected in this patch release, but none of them are in
the release notes.

Axton Grams