IF that is how Remedy (er' BMC) is going to run their support, they have
taken a step backwards in time into the dark ages...

I am unsure why the are doing that, but that is typical "ask the
customer the 50 questions" (which you already input into the ticket,
like environment, patch levels and such) then they say "oh you are not
at the BLEEDING EDGE" (which no one really "every wants to be" but the
DST Patch 21 issue is a point that we "have to be" sometimes)...

This is equivalent of your car repair shop saying "we are not going to
look at the issue, but upgrade your engine to X" but ignoring the costs,
etc...

As I mention in the past, and keep pushing for in the future...

Development => Test => Production

Is needed for all applications, and application suppliers must
understand that licenses must be 'free' for these development and test
environments. Application & User licenses, etc. If they are concerned of
"miss-use" then THEY need to establish a AUDIT process :-)

Personally I'd call my salesman (whoops, salesperson) and give them an
earful...

Also this whole "version number" and "Patch Number" thing they have been
doing is totally out of control :-( (different thread on this a while
ago as well)...

So, move over, I think the soap box is going to get quite full :-)

Thanks-n-advance;

HDT Platform Incident / Problem Manager & Architect
Robert Molenda
IT OS PA
Tel: +1 408 503 2701
Fax: +1 408 503 2912