Okay everyone please take it easy on me with this one. Here is my
configuration:

*       ARS 6.03 patch 16
*       WINDOWS 2003
*       SQL 2K
*       No mid-tier

We are creating a .NET help desk ticket application for our Engineering
group. Currently they use Remedy but due to some personal issues the
decision was made to move the Remedy application to a move advanced
platform. Please do not ask any questions as to why this decision was
made. My mother always told me if you can't say something nice about
someone don't say anything at all.

That being said we need to integrate Remedy with this new .NET system. I
need to be able to create tickets in the new system and they need to be
able to update my tickets as well as create tickets in Remedy. They have
developed a Web Service for me to use to create tickets in the new
system. As I understand it this will allow me to pass data to the new
system and receive their ticket number back.

We were originally going to user the .NET API to allow them to
update/create tickets in my system. It was suggested to me that maybe we
could use a Web Service created on the Remedy side instead of the API. I
have been looking at the documentation for creating a Web Service and
that has led me to this posting.

My first question is how is this possible without using the Mid-Tier? As
I stated, this is new to me and I am not sure I fully understand it. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger A. Nall

Manager, OSSNMS Remedy