Yes it does, except for one thing that I cannot really confirm.. Maybe someone
out there knows better.. Is the Mid-Tier really the client to a web service??
Thats a very good question.. I was looking at the available list of client
types just as you brought that up, and there doesn't look like there is a
specific client for a web service.. Here is the list I got from the ar.h file..

# more ar.h|grep CLIENT_TYPE
#define AR_KEYWORD_CLIENT_TYPE     22 /* client type of the api program */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN                 0
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_PRE_50                  1  /* Pre 5.0 ar client tools */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_WAT                     2  /* Windows admin tool */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_WUT                     3  /* Windows user tool */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_WIP                     4  /* Windows import tool */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_DSO                     5  /* Distributed server */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_ODBC                    6  /* ARODBC */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_APPROVAL                7  /* Approval server */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_WEB_SERVER              8  /* AR web server, waserver */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_MID_TIER                9  /* Mid-tier 5.0 and later */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_PALM_PILOT             10  /* Palm pilot */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_FLASHBOARDS            11  /* Flashboards */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_FLASHBOARDS_MID_TIER   12  /* Flashboards mid-tier */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_EIE                    13  /* Enterprise Integration */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_RELOAD                 14  /* arreload */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_CACHE                  15  /* arcache */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_DIST                   16  /* ardist */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_RUN_MACRO              17  /* runmacro */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_MAIL                   18  /* armaild/armailex */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_IMPORT_CMD             19  /* arimportcmd */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_REPORT_PLUGIN          20  /* Report creator plugin */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_ALERT                  21  /* Alert tool */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_MAIL_DAEMON            22  /* New AR Mail Daemon, not
armaild */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_SIGNAL                 23  /* arsignal */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_DEBUGGER               24  /* debugger */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_OBJSTR                 25  /* object store API */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_OBJSTR_SYNC            26  /* object store sync utility
*/
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_SERVER_ADMIN_PLUGIN    27  /* Server Admin plugin */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_END_OF_PRODUCT       3999
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_UNPRODUCTIZED_START  4000
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_DRIVER               4000  /* Driver: sample program */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_DISPATCHER           4001  /* distributor of appl. */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_HELP                 4002  /* arhelp */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_JANITOR              4003  /* arjanitor */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_MENU                 4004  /* armenu */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_STRUCT               4005  /* arstruct */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_TEXT                 4006  /* artext */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_SQLED                4007  /* arsqled */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_CHANGE_SEL           4008  /* archgsel */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_CHANGE_ID            4009  /* archgid */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_LABEL                4010  /* arlabel */
#define AR_CLIENT_TYPE_END_OF_RESERVED_RANGE  5000
#define AR_SESS_CLIENT_TYPE            7 /* client type of the api program */

So I wonder if its 8 or 9 that would best represent a web service.. or 0?

Joe