Thanks for the input.  I think 6.3 has a problem with the portmapper.  There
was no portmap.exe with the install.

Haven't got a clue as to what the issue is.  I also notice that the
installer wanted to put the installation in a slightly different folder than
the 5.1.2 install.  It put another level there, the server name, then all
the files.  In effect you still have 5.1.2 installed but yet not installed
because the db has been updated.  I can connect to the db via sql tool, just
cannot get AR System to start.  Not giving up yet ... if I do a restore I
probably won't get another date for 6 months!

Thanks,,
Susan