Thank you, Ben, Mike and Susan !

I took all of your advices and it worked.  Unfortunately I don't know which bit
of advice actually made the difference. (I was too eager to get this working to
do a controlled experiment.)

I set the "TWO_TASK" variable (which I thot was only necessary if you have two
ar systems on the same machine), and I reset the password to "AR#Admin#".
Neither of these steps were necessary in the test environment, but if it works
I'm not going to argue with success.

Thanks again!
Dwayne