________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kaiser Norm E CIV USAF 96
CS/SCCE
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 1:20 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Multitenancy in a Large Enterprise

**

Has anyone attempted to implement multitenancy in a large, complex
enterprise? Suppose I have a very large company called Acme
Incorporated, and let's say Acme actually consists of multiple
quasi-independent subsidiaries-Widgets, Sprockets, and Gizmos.

Let's say Widgets, Sprockets, and Gizmos were each independent companies
that were recently acquired by Acme.  So Acme's structure looks like
this:

Acme

        Widgets

        Sprockets

        Gizmos

Now each subsidiary has independent business units-Research,
Development, Testing, and Contracting.  So now Acme looks like this:

Acme

        Widgets

                Research

                Development

                Testing

                Contracting

        Sprockets

                Research

                Development

                Testing

                Contracting

        Gizmos

                Research

                Development

                Testing

                Contracting

OK, so far, so good.  Here's the rub-Acme does not want each independent
business unit to be able to see the others' tickets.  In other words,
Widgets' Research unit cannot see tickets assigned to Widgets' Testing
unit and vice versa...unless, that is, Widgets' Research unit wants to
"throw the ball over the fence" to Widget's Testing.

According to the ITSM documentation, multitenancy can only be effected
at the company level...so my question is, can multitenancy be
implemented in the way I'm describing without any code modifications?

Norm

it___