-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 8:09 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Urgent: "-" in email address causes a problem in sending
email

Does anyone have a defect id (SW0000) on this?

Thanks,
Axton Grams

On 7/13/07, Shawn Stonequist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Neel,
>
> Not sure if this helps, but as we send a lot of email on behalf of one
of
> our customers to their customers, and their customers have all variety
of
> email addresses and formats, I did some checking on what we've sent to
see
> if we have this issue as well, or if there was something I could
provide to
> help you with.
>
> We are on 6.3 as well, and on reviewing the Message entries, I found
that
> everything was being sent properly, even when there appeared a "-".
>
> This may be a little different from how you are using the email system
> though- we are setting the "To" using a field on the record itself,
not user
> (we don't have any users with a "-" in their email address, so I can't
> comment on this).
>
> What you may wish to do (since it seems to work when taking a dynamic
email
> address as opposed to a user email address) is have a hidden field
with a
> Set Fields action that sets the email address with the "-", then have
your
> Email Filter/Escalation use the hidden field as the To, instead of the
> user's Login.
>
> HTH
>
> Shawn Stonequist
> EMNS Inc.
Are"

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.