Try putting three double quotes (""") anywhere you need a single set.
That is the escape sequence.

-Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew Hicox
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 1:16 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: how to escape quotes in setfield action ?

Everyone:

I've got an active link with a set fields action.
I need to set a string containing quotes into a char field.

For the sake of brevity, let's just say I need to set the string:
"hello" (including the quotes) into a char field.

I can't figure out how to escape the quotes in the set fields action.
\" dosen't seem to work, nor "\ or \\".

I can't find a thing in the documentation on this.
Can anyone help me ?

thanks,

-Andrew

Andrew N. Hicox
Hicox Information Systems LLC
Manassas, VA  USA
http://hicox.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
703-367-9085

the Answers Are"

intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error destroy it
immediately.