From: Tony Worthington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 2:56:05 PM
Subject: Re: WS2003 SP2

Win2k3R2 here.

Were you using the native dll that you can download during the install?
I've found that it trashes tomcat on some of my machines but not others.
I've renamed it on all of them.  tcnative.dll

-tony

--
Tony Worthington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

strauss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
08/20/2007 01:31 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: WS2003 SP2

**
Installing Sp2 on my 2003 Enterprise x64 R2 server immediately killed the
Tomcat instance under mid-tier, and I was unable to resolve it easily (no
one here is very familiar with Tomcat) so I had to uninstall Sp2.  No such
problem on x86 or non-R2 servers seen, just the x64 R2.  All of my other
2003 servers (all Enterprise, mix of x86 and x64, web servers R2 except
development web) have had no problem with Sp2 since I installed it in
April.
Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center
http://remedy.unt.edu/helpdesk/