Not trying to bark too much here..
Have not confirmed this either.. however something to check out..

If you install ARSERVER fresh - and install mid-tier, and then approval
server..
>From what I can tell it Wipes out the Demo account.
I found in the arcache the demo account -- with an encrypted password -- it
was blank password
I found in the user form - no accounts
-- Hence you cannot login..
If you  C:\Program Files\AR System>arcache -Ua -n "TempAdmin" -p "TempAdmin"
-e "0000000
00099999" -lw 1 -g "1" -s hd
-- you can only login as a guest user, not as an admin.

Very Strange.... -- not sure where to go from here on this one..
Starting over..

--
Patrick Zandi