From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 13:06
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Gaps in Request ID sequence

Hello,
Has anyone got a good explanation of why gaps may appear in the Request
ID sequence?

I performed a minor rollout on Monday evening, with only a couple
changes to workflow on the form in question. I can't think of anything
that I could have done that would cause the gaps to appear. Note that
these gaps are random, and seem to only have been happening since
Monday.

I know this can happen if records within the gap are deleted, or if an
import was performed with higher Request IDs. I know there was no
import. I really don't believe anyone has deleted any records as there
are footprints in several other forms where the missing IDs could have
been found.

I am at ARS 7.0.01

If anyone else has seen this sort of thing, and has any info, I would be
very greatful.

Thanks

Les Ganton