Carey

I have seen myself run into this type of problem (not specifically with
6.3, but with the then in-dev 7.1 Mid-tier) a couple of times. I
realized the problems in my cases can be attributed to - no mid-tier
password on Midtier side but 7.1 server installation enforcing a
non-blank midtier password. In other case, most likely typo on one of
the password accepting text boxes. Doing the following slowly/carefully
solved the issue for me:

- Go change the Midtier password on the server. (User Tool -> Server
Information; well I continued to use Admin Tool -> Server Info at that
time)
- Go to Midtier configuration page, go to Servers page and delete this
server from the listing. Save the configuration.
- [OPTIONAL - stop/restart your web server.]
- [OPTIONAL - stop/restart your AR server.]
- Go to Midtier configuration page, go to Servers page and add your
server afresh and ensure you gave your password same as you specified in
the server info. Save the configuration.
- Hit the server from browser client.

Of course you must have tried these steps, but I just wanted to
reiterate.

Regards
Appajee