I think that ITSM 7 was purposefully designed this way, you know,
security through obscurity? If they make it so complicated that no one
will dare go near it, then the don't have as many support calls from
people breaking it.

Plus, this works well for the consultants, who are very well trained and
tailored specifically for ITSM, unlike a lot of the full-timers who have
other things than ITSM to worry about.

I've not really gotten to look at ITSM, but just by reading the buzz on
the list, it sounds like they really did a spectacular job at building a
bird's nest. I wonder how they were able to make it so complicated and
get it to work (sort of)?

I'm sure that one of these days, I'll most likely have the privilege (!)
of working with ITSM. I just hope that by then someone would have made
an "ITSM 7 for Dummies" book!

Some consulting company out there really should do that, but that might
end up costing them some business.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr

Sr. Remedy Developer