-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 3:48 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: What is everyone doing to keeping track of created
Forms/AL/Filters...ect from out of the box ones

Rick outlines some very good points here.

I would add this: When modifying out of the box Active Links and Filters,
first rename the Active Link or Filter with the prefix or suffix, THEN copy
it to the OLD (out of the box) name by removing the prefix or suffix. By
doing it this way, if the workflow exists in an Active Link Guide or Filter
Guide, then the workflow will still exist there and you do not have to
determine on your own if the workflow existed in a guide or not. If you
simply copy the workflow to a new name then you will have to search the
active link guides and filter guides to determine if the newly named
workflow should be added to a guide. It adds an extra step up front, but I
think in the long run saves valuable time and headaches (because if you
forget to add the workflow to a guide or don't now that you need to then it
becomes a royal pain in the rear). I'm sure there are those on here that
will disagree with this method, but I would suggest trying it first before
deciding you don't like it.

Scott Parrish
IT Prophets, LLC
(770) 653-5203