________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew Perrault
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 1:22 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Opening the User tool via VB?

**

All,

I'm trying to create a VB script to Open the User tool, Login, and Open
a form.

I was able to pull some of the examples. But they don't work.

Here's what I tried:

Dim App

Dim ARForm

Dim sessionId

Dim Description

Set App = CreateObject("Remedy.User")

sessionId = App.Login("Login Name","Password",False)

Set ARForm = App.LoadForm(sessionId,"Server_Name", "Form
Name","entry_Id",4,True)

Well, all that does is, open the Tool, Login, open the form, and then
the user tool exits/closes.

I want the User tool to stay open and not close.

So I tried this:

dim objShell

Dim App

Dim ARForm

Dim sessionId

set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")

objShell.ShellExecute "aruser.exe", "", "C:\Program Files\AR
System\User\", "open", 1

set objShell = nothing

Set App = GetObject(, "Remedy.User")

sessionId = App.Login("Login Name","Password",False)

Set ARForm = App.LoadForm(sessionId,"Server_Name", "Form
Name","entry_Id",4,True)

Well, that launches the User Tool, but doesn't login.

 So I'm wondering if there's a way to pass the login credentials via the
command line?

If anyone has any other suggestions on how to do this I would appreciate
it.

Thanks,

Matt

it___ __20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with