Thanks for the update on support, Doug.  It's nice to know you all are
keeping a finger on the "pulse" of your ARS community - David Easter's
presence on the list has been particularly beneficial to all.

While we are on the topic of the SupportWeb, are we ever going to see
the Remedy Knowledge Management product appear there as a supported
product, i.e. with the latest patches (see ISS03150692) and technical
bulletins/defect reports.  Since every version of it released over the
last several years has required large amounts of post-install cleanup,
either of erroneous files, incorrect field lengths, or conflicting api
files, etc., it is very hard to support when NONE of that is kept on the
SupportWeb.  The problems go way beyond the few customer advisories that
have been sporadically posted over in the documentation section, and
change significantly between releases.  No patch has ever appeared in
the Remedy Heritage Products download site, which is where I would
expect them to be.  The last patch support sent me in July they
apparently should NOT have, and it is still partially installed on one
of my environments.  It just seems as if this product is treated like
the red-headed stepchild of BMC, and that is unfortunate.  Even the ITSM
patches like to wipe out the hand-customization that it still requires
to integrate it with Incident and Problem Management. The people in that
unit are very knowledgeable, and have gone to great lengths in the past
to walk me through all of the manual fixes required, but that
information is not on supportweb, nor are their patches, nor is there
any indication that the ITSM developers consider it an integrated
application. If it is not on your list of support issues, please put it
there.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center
http://itsm.unt.edu/