I would have to add the built-in multi-tenancy capability of ITSM 7,
with its improved data security and the possibility of decentralized
management and organizational-specific tools (categorizations,
templates, summaries, etc.,) as a major reason for the migration.  If
you have _ever_ had any groups that wanted their tickets to be secured
from visibility, or who basically wanted to control their own piece of
the application, ITSM 7 will do this OOTB.  You have to be willing to
give up Guest user access, but a lot of sites have never allowed that
anyway; we never have.

Of course, multi-tenancy can make configuration significantly more
complicated, depending on how far down you decide to segment your
organization(s), and that is reflected in Rick's last bullet on
masochism.  Multi-tenancy has been the primary selling point for ITSM 7
here; we never went to ITSM 6 from 5.5 since there was so little to be
gained in app functionality.  ITIL is not a factor, there are only three
of us here who know what it means; we get more mileage out of the "best
practices for IT service support" translation.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center
http://itsm.unt.edu/