-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Gotham
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:17 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Assign Hot Keys | Shortcuts to work in thin client.

**
Hello listers,

We are on ARS 7.0.01 with Servide Desk 7.0.0 Patch 001. The web client
and thick client behave differently.  In the thick client, let's say you
are in incident form on HPD:HelpDesk and under 'Customers' tab, enter
last name of a customer and hit enter and it will search for the
customer.  Hit ctrl+enter and it will search for the incidents for
customers with that last name.

In the web, hit enter and it will search for the customer. I do not
believe there are any hot keys which will search for the incidents, you
have to click the Search button.  So I'm not sure that you can use hot
keys here at all (like Ctrl + Enter).

Now what we want to achieve is when we enter first or last name of
customers, we want to search ALL the incidents for that customer instead
of searching for a customer (hitting Enter in browser should mimic Ctrl
+ Enter in thick client)  because users want to search for incidents
(rather than the customer). And then assign a hot-key to search for
searching customers instead (Ctrl + Enter should search for customer
rather than incidents).

OR

Can I just remove the functionality that when I hit enter it searches
for customers? Where is "Enter" key tied to the firing work-flow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave.

it___