Jason

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Gotham
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:17 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Assign Hot Keys | Shortcuts to work in thin client.

**

Hello listers,

We are on ARS 7.0.01 with Servide Desk 7.0.0 Patch 001. The web client and
thick client behave differently.  In the thick client, let's say you are in
incident form on HPD:HelpDesk and under 'Customers' tab, enter last name of
a customer and hit enter and it will search for the customer.  Hit
ctrl+enter and it will search for the incidents for customers with that last
name.

In the web, hit enter and it will search for the customer. I do not believe
there are any hot keys which will search for the incidents, you have to
click the Search button.  So I'm not sure that you can use hot keys here at
all (like Ctrl + Enter).

Now what we want to achieve is when we enter first or last name of
customers, we want to search ALL the incidents for that customer instead of
searching for a customer (hitting Enter in browser should mimic Ctrl + Enter
in thick client)  because users want to search for incidents (rather than
the customer). And then assign a hot-key to search for searching customers
instead (Ctrl + Enter should search for customer rather than incidents).

OR

Can I just remove the functionality that when I hit enter it searches for
customers? Where is "Enter" key tied to the firing work-flow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave.

it___